Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for nurse positions - please check back later
Working with us as a nurse is demanding and rewarding.
From basic healthcare to helping set up health posts, nurses are vital to Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders' (MSF) work. In many situations, nurses are the backbone of our medical operations.
Our registered nurses often head departments in hospital/health centres and are the forefront of providing primary healthcare in our projects.
It’s an exciting and diverse role and you could be responsible for:
- establishing and managing health posts
- operating feeding centres and in/outpatient clinics and hospitals
- planning and implementing vaccination campaigns
- organising mother-child health programmes
- training, supervising and managing local nursing staff or community health providers
Read our guide on the application process for all overseas roles
- Two years' post-qualification nursing experience, preferably in one or more of the following areas:
- infectious diseases
- operating theatre
- Valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Irish Nursing Board registration
- Diploma in tropical nursing or relevant nursing experience in a tropical environment
- Available for a minimum of nine to 12 months
- Minimum of three months’ work or volunteering in low- and/or middle-income countries
- Willingness to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to provide training and supervision to others
- Fluency in English
Please note our shortlisting is based on the specialisations that we need in the field.
If your experience doesn't match the specialisations that we need we may not be able to recruit you.
We're currently looking for nurses with good French or Arabic skills.
If you have a minimum of B2 level French or Arabic you're much more likely to be accepted onto our register.
Your language level may be tested during the recruitment process.
In their own words
Before you apply
Make sure you read our application process guide for an overview of what to expect when you apply for an overseas role with the UK.
We take your safety, security and wellbeing seriously. Please watch these videos before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.